ECSEL-RIA ECSEL Research and Innovation Action
An ECSEL Research and Innovation Action (RIA) primarily consists of activities aiming to establish new knowledge and/or to explore the feasibility of a new or improved technology, product, process, service, method, tool or solution. For this purpose they may include applied research, technology development and/or method/tool and integration, testing and validation on a small-scale prototype in a laboratory or simulated environment.
The activities have their centre of gravity at TRL 3-4.
A RIA proposal is characterised by:
- Execution by an industrial consortium that may consist of universities, institutes, SMEs and large companies;
- Developing innovative technologies and/or using them in innovative ways;
- Targeting demonstration of the innovative approach in a relevant product, service or capability, clearly addressing the applications relevant for societal challenges in relation with the ECSEL Strategic Thrusts as outlined in the ECSEL MASP;
- Demonstrating value and potential in a realistic lab environment reproducing the targeted application;
- Having a deployment plan showing the valorisation for the ECSEL ecosystem and the contribution to the ECSEL goals and objectives.
- In order to maximize effective implementation of the ECSEL top-level objectives, the list of RIA proposals to be retained for public funding shall constitute a balanced portfolio of projects developing innovative technologies (as defined in the MASP in the essential technology section) and applying them in different domains as defined in the MASP (as defined in the application trust section).
The domains represent the demand side of technologies, and the development of new technologies represents the supply side of technologies.
The technologies in the ECSEL Multiannual Strategic Plan (MASP) 2017 include semiconductor processing, equipment and materials; design technology; Cyber-Physical Systems, Integrated Smart System and Safety and Security.
Full details of the topics open for proposals, terms and conditions for participation and funding budgets are available in the ECSEL JU Work Plan 2017.
Termin nadsyłania zgłoszeń
11 maj 2017
Adres strony internetowej